2021 National Preservation Awards
5. novembro 2021
Moynihan Train Hall (Photo: Lucas Blair Simpson © SOM)
As part of PastForward, the National Preservation Conference, held virtually from November 2–5, the United States' National Trust for Historic Preservation announced the recipients of the 2021 National Preservation Awards.
According to the Trust's Preservation Leadership Forum, the annual awards "honor inspirational projects, individuals, and organizations that have demonstrated excellence in the field of preservation." In order of their announcement in a video hosted by Bob Vila (embedded below and worth watching to learn more about the winners), here are the awards given in seven categories.
- Trustees’ Award for Organizational Excellence ("recognizes a nonprofit organization, large or small, that has demonstrated sustained and superlative achievement in historic preservation"): WeGOJA Foundation | South Carolina
- Trustees Emeritus Award for Historic Site Stewardship ("recognizes success and innovation in historic preservation, management, and programming at historic sites"): China Alley Preservation Society | Hanford, California
- John H. Chafee Trustees’ Award for Outstanding Achievement in Public Policy ("recognizes an individual or group of individuals who have done outstanding work in preservation advocacy"): U.S. House Majority Whip James E. Clyburn (SC-06) | South Carolina
- National Trust/Advisory Council on Historic Preservation Award for Federal Partnerships in Historic Preservation ("honors a project or program in which a federal agency and one or more non-federal partners, including tribes, have together achieved an exemplary preservation outcome"): Black Officers Club, Building 2101 | Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
- American Express Aspire Award ("recognizes emerging preservation leaders who demonstrate innovative thinking and achievement in advancing historic preservation in their local, state, or national communities"): Jordan Ryan | Indianapolis, Indiana
Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Library (Photo: Robert Benson, courtesy of Mecanoo)
- Richard H. Driehaus Foundation National Preservation Awards ("bestowed on historic preservation efforts that demonstrate excellence in execution and a positive impact on the vitality of their towns and cities"):
- Louise du Pont Crowninshield Award (the Trust's highest recognition, "the award is made with the greatest care and only when there is indisputable evidence of superlative achievement in the preservation and interpretation of our historic, architectural, or maritime heritage"): Patricia O’Donnell | Charlotte, Vermont
National Preservation Awards Ceremony 2021, November 4, 2021
2 months ago