Watch 'Architecture & the Media' Live
11. May 2020
The 2018 conference at the Barcelona Pavilion (Photo: Anna Mas)
The Fundació Mies van der Rohe and Labóh are hosting the second European Conference on Architecture & the Media online from May 11 to May 14. Stream the talks and conversations here.
The first European Conference on Architecture & the Media gathered twenty influential journalists in May 2018 to share experiences about how to disseminate architecture and to see how architectural projects can gain visibility in the media. The second edition takes a different approach and "will focus," per the conference website, "on television, radio and audio-visual media and will deepen the crosscutting subject of architectural images." It opens on Monday with a conversation with critic Oliver Wainwright and closes on Thursday with a conversation with photographer Iwan Baan.
Although the conference was intended, like the first one, to take place at the Barcelona Pavilion, the coronavirus pandemic forced the event online. Fortunately, this gives people all over the world, not just in Europe, the opportunity to watch the talks, conversations, and workshop as they work from home. Live streams are embedded below, following this schedule (times are CEST):
- May 11, 17:00–18:00: Opening conversation with Guardian architecture critic Oliver Wainwright, "The role of the sources in the generation of the topics for architecture journalism." Introduced and moderated by Ștefan Ghenciulescu (Architect and editor-in-chief of Zeppelin, Bucharest).
- May 12, 17:00–17:40: Roundtable with the participation of Marco Brizzi, Núria Moliner, Carolina Rosich and Adam Goss & RedMike; moderated by Núria Moliner.
- May 13, 17:00–17:40: Roundtable with the participation of Pep Lluís Blázquez, Rūta Leitanaitė, Andrew Tuck, Iñigo Picabea; moderated by Rūta Leitanaitė.
- May 14, 11:00 – 12:30: Workshop: Copyright in architectural images by Enric Enrich (lawyer, Barcelona).
- May 14, 17:00–18:00: Closing conversation with Iwan Baan (photographer, The Netherlands), "The role of images in telling the story of an architectural work." Introduced and moderated by Ewa P. Porębska (Editor-in-chief of the Architektura-murator magazine).
Bios of the speakers is available as a PDF on the conference website.